News Item

On 23rd August 2022, Ms. Wiwin taught English in my class. In English class, I learned about ''News Item''. News Item Text is a kind of text that provides information about an important event that deserves to be news. Ms. Wiwin taught us about the generic structure of news items. There are three structures: 

1. Newsworthy events = recounts the event in a summary form.

2. Background events = elaborate on what happened and tell what caused the incident.

3. Sources = comments by participants, witnesses, and experts involved in the events.


To make it more clear, Ms. Wiwin gave us an example of a news item along with the identification of the structures. Here is an example from her:


Next, Ms. Wiwin divided the class into groups and gave us the assignment to rewrite a news article from the internet and identify the structures. I was in group 7 with Sutan, Nafisah, and Priyazmi. We look up on Google the newest article. Then, Nafisah found an article about a woman believed to be the mother of children found dead in suitcases is currently in South Korea. We agreed to rewrite the article and identify its structure. Here is our result:


Surprisingly, without us knowing earlier, two other groups have the same title and article as us! It is too late to change our work, so we still go with that title. 


We hung up our work on the wall with sticky tape. Next, Ms. Wiwin told us to go around another group's work and gave stars for rating. And so the class ends. 


"News Item" is the new study material I learned in English class that day. In my opinion, this material isn't as hard as I thought it would be. But I don't know if this opinion will change later on. But I hope Ms. Wiwin will give us more time to do our task. Because 10-15 minutes to search and rewrite an article is too fast and not enough time, at least for me. 


That's all I could say for now. 


Have a great day everyone!


Cheers!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Goals in 2023

My Passion and What I Want To Do in the Future